Super Omega-3 Plus EPA/DHA with Sesame Lignans, Olive Extract, Krill & Astaxanthin
The benefits of the omega-3 fatty acids in the Mediterranean are well known for everyone who is passionate about healthy lifestyle. However, recent studies are showing interesting new results: omega-3 fatty acids from different sources have complementary benefits for our body. Super Omega-3 Plus provides omega-3 fatty acids from krill oil and fish oil, which together have been shown to provide greater support for your cardiovascular system and your brain.
According to the researches, combining both fish and krill oil can result in maximizing uptake and the protective benefits of a wide spectrum of omega-3 fatty acids. To provide full coverage, a new Super Omega-3 Plus contains a powerful concentration of fish oil, olive fruit, sesame lignans, krill and astaxanthin.
Sesamin – as the name suggests – is a compound found in sesame seeds and it is a potent lignan. Actually sesame seeds are probably the best source of lignans for our body, besides flax. Sesamin has many beneficial effects, the most important of which are its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, as well as serving as a modulator of estrogen receptors and effective calorie burner.
Astaxanthin is a powerful carotenoid pigment that occurs naturally and can be found in certain marine plants and animals such as krills and seaweed. Astaxanthin is considered as one of the most powerful antioxidants found in nature. It is of special importance, because unlike some other types of antioxidants, astaxanthin never becomes a pro-oxidant in the body so it can never cause harmful oxidation.
Being an antioxidant, astaxanthin naturally reduces free radicals in the body. But besides that, it also significantly reduces the oxidative load in the body by protecting the cells against oxidation. Because of astaxanthin’s unique molecular structure, this red-colored pigment is an extremely powerful antioxidant that is very effective against singlet oxygen. It has a powerful scavenging ability for lipid and free radicals, and effectively breaks peroxide chain reactions.
Health benefits of Super Omega-3 Plus
– Provides 2 complementary sources of omega-3 fatty acids
– Krill oil and fish oil have been shown to support cardiovascular health and the brain
– Special formula causes antioxidant effect
– Sesame lignans guard against lipid peroxidation, thus extending stability of DHA in the body
– Omega-3 fatty acids are necessary to help counter excessive omega-6 fatty acid consumption
What to look for when buying omega-3 supplements
– Fatty acid type – the best omega-3s sources originate from the sea/ocean.
– Amount of fatty acid – Look for the amount of EPA and DHA per serving on the label
– Concentration – The amount of EPA and DHA are usually in the range of 200-700 mg per capsule or serving. The higher is the concentration of EPA and DHA the more health-promoting omega-3 you get in quantity of supplement.
In Super Omega 3 Plus the natural astaxanthin content of krill is fortified with additional astaxanthin for maximum stability and positive effect. The addition of sesamin supports the omega-3 fatty acids by making them more stable. Sesame lignans have been shown to guard against lipid peroxidation in omega-3 fatty acids, thus helping protect the DHA in the body. Add it to your diet regimen today!