How to do great home pedicure
Our feet are under a lot of stress every day, so you got to make sure you give them a proper care. This 10-step pedicure guide will help you keep your precious feet in a great shape.
1. First of all, remove polish if you have some and soak feet 10 minutes in a warm foot bath using soothing ingredients like lavender or aloe vera – this will soften your skin.
2. Refill the bath with fresh warm water, and then massage feet (soles, heels, and toes, and long strokes down the top of the foot) with circular motions using an exfoliating scrub. Make your own scrub at home – just mix sea salt with a little liquid soap.
3. Lift feet out of the water and use a foot file to gently remove remaining dead skin. First, use the rough side to carefully polish your heels and other rough areas. Then, rub your entire foot with the smooth side. But don’t overdo it – if you scrub too harsh, your skin will grow back even tougher.
4. Gently push back your cuticles with a wooden orange stick.
5. Clip nails straight across, then file them.
6. Massage your feet using a rich foot cream, then, wrap them in dry towels for at least 5 minutes. Your body heat will warm up the lotion so it conditions the feet. Use polish remover to clean any lotion residue from toenails and prepare them for polish.
7. First, use a base coat to protect nails from staining.
8. Then, apply polish. For the smoothest application always apply polish away from your cuticles. If necessary use two coats. Quick-dry polishes are a great option if you’re in a rush.
9. Finish with a topcoat, which makes polish last longer.
10. Now you can sit and relax. Nail color takes about an hour to dry completely.