Anti-cold soup recipe
Now in the season of cold and flu, this recipe might help you to stave off a coming disease. Each ingredient of this delicious soup has a lot of health benefits, which combined will boost your immunity.
The ingredients you’ll need:
– 1 large yellow onion, chopped
– 6-8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
– 2-3 tb.coconut oil
– 1 tsp. ground turmeric
– 8-10 fresh shiitake, mushrooms, sliced
– 4 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
– Half a bunch each of kale and spinach, washed & julienned
– 1 cup butternut squash, diced
– 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
– Juice of 2 fresh lemons
– ¼ c chopped fresh cilantro
– Approx. 2 tbsp. Braggs Amino Acids OR Coconut Aminos
– 1 tbsp. dried kelp, dulse, or other sea vegetable
– 1 oz. dried Astragalus root, chopped fine or added whole and removed before serving
– 1 tsp. fresh rosemary (finely chopped)
– 1 tsp. fresh thyme (finely chopped)
Sauté the onion, diced squash and garlic in coconut oilin a saucepot over medium heat, approximately 3-4 minutes. Then add turmeric and mushrooms, and sauté for 2 more minutes.Add your broth, kale, rosemary, thyme, dried sea vegetable and Astragalus root, squash, gingerand Braggs Aminos. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.Remove soup from heat. Add lemon juice and chopped cilantro. Cover your cooked soup and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
If you like, you can ass some quinoa or brown rice to your soup. And if you want to save leftovers, pour it in a glass jar and freeze. But don’t forget to cool down the soup to room temperature before freezing. Use canning jars because they are made of tempered glass. Keep tightly sealed for up to 3 months.